Top Things to Do in Umag in July
July is the month of Croatia Open Umag. With a tradition going back to 1990, the international tennis tournament Croatia Open Umag is the oldest tennis tournament in Croatia and one of the most prestigious tennis tournaments in Europe. Along with great tennis matches, there's also a diverse gourmet program, and party nights with concerts and live performances. For anyone who likes sports, music, and excellent food and wine, this is the month to visit Umag.
Here are the highlights of Umag events for July:
- Croatia Open Umag (July 12 to 21): Great tennis matches and a diverse entertainment and gourmet program. This year is the 30-year anniversary!
- Umag Summer (July 3 to August 30): Concerts and entertaining shows in the main square.
- Umag Classica (July 11 to August 22): Musical shows involving eminent Croatian and foreign artists in Umag's parish church.
- Umag Ethno & Jazz & Blues (July 10 to August 21): Ethno, jazz, and blues music concerts.
- St. Pelegrin's Night (July 7): Entertainment program celebrating the patron saint of Umag.
- Zambratija Fest (July 22): St. Mary Magdalene folk fest
- Tomato Day (July 25): Tomato festival marks the beginning of the main tomato harvest in Istria.
- Savudrijan's Night (July 26): Savudrija folk festival.
- Punta Fest (July 27): Umag folk festival.
- Sepomaia Viva (July 29 to 30): Umag antiquity festival.
- Brtonigla Harvest Festival (July 12): Taste the exquisite Istrian delicacies: wine, olive oil, bread, honey, cheese, and more, and get to know the customs and traditions of the area.
- Buje Free Guided Tour (July and August): Every Wednesday, in July and August, a free guided tour from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm by licensed tourist guides.
- Bobicada (July 27): Manestra (minestrone) festival made of young corn (bobic) in Babici.
Questions? Umag event or place that you recommend? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on social media.
Sign-up for the monthly newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest happenings in Umag.