TimeOut Istria: Umag Top 20
TimeOut Istria is a newly published travel guide to Istria. It features the top things to do and see in Istria, including the top 20 experiences in Umag.
"Jutting out into the Gulf of Trieste, close to the border with Slovenia, north-west Istria is known for its sporting activities. The main resort town of Umag stages Croatia’s major annual tennis tournament while there’s an 18-hole golf course just in from the coast at Crveni Vrh. Round the headland, up-and-coming Savudrija attracts windsurfers, the cape guarded by the oldest lighthouse on the Adriatic. A growing number of visitors are attracted to this wilder coastline, served by an ever-improving hotel stock and range of restaurants." -TimeOut Istria
Top 20 attractions of Umag featured in the TimeOut Istria guide:
- Sleep at the oldest lighthouse in the Adriatic
- Let you hair down at a live venue
- Splash out on exquisite seafood
- Play a full 18 holes from vineyard to Pines
- Catch 70 acts on seven Stages at Sea Star
- Park and ride in Umag
- Bask in a panoramic spa
- Play beach volleyball then sink cocktails
- See the world's top tennis stars
- Ride the train to Polynesia
- Feast at Croatia's furthest tip
- Discover the sunken town of Sipar
- Take in some challenging art
- Tuck into perfect pizza
- Tour Umag's oldest building
- Watch a classic regatta
- Take a family on a real adventure
- Explore reefs in the Gulf of Piran
- Dine in hidden bucolic greenery
- Let the kids go wild at a water park
For the full descriptions of the above activities, see pages 130 through 135 of the TimeOut Istria guide.
This is an essential guide for anyone visiting Istria. Download the FREE TimeOut Istria guide.
For additional experiences in Umag, see Top 50 Things To Do in Umag.